The road trip starts from Delhi on the following dates:
July: 6th, 20th
August: 10th, 24th
The starting price of the whole trip is Rs.23,000(5% GST Extra)
DAY 1: DELHI PICKUP AND DRIVE TO NARKANDA – 9 HRS
You will meet our Trip Lead at ISBT Kashmere Gate.by 9 PM. After the initial introduction to the group, we start our 9-day journey by Volvo from Delhi to Shimla.
We are taking overnight Volvo from Delhi to Shimla. From Shimla, we will be driving to Narkanda, famous for its apple orchards, which is our 1st stay.
DAY 2: REACH NARKANDA. NIGHT STAY AT NARKANDA
We reach Chandigarh early morning and continue our journey towards Narkanda, crossing Shimla which is the capital of Himachal Pradesh.
Narkanda, which is famous for its apple orchards, is about 70 km from Shimla and surrounded by Shivalik ranges. Hatu peak, which is the highest peak in Shimla district is in Narkanda. After resting through the afternoon, guests can go for local sightseeing or even for a hike till Hatu Peak.
DAY 3: NARKANDA TO KALPA. NIGHT STAY AT KALPA – 7 HRS
After breakfast at the stay, we start our today’s journey to Kalpa. The total traveling distance is about 180 km but will take around 6-7 hrs.
Kalpa, a small but beautiful town situated in the Sutlej river valley of the Kinnaur district. While crossing the mountains, you will find several points with scenic views. Is also the starting point of Kinnar Kailash trek. After reaching the place rest for a while and we will explore the hill town in the evening. The narrow streets leading to Mata Mandir is a good hike.
Dinner and overnight stay in hotel/homestay at Kalpa.
Dinner and Night Stay at Narkanda.
* Do not exert on this particular day as we have 8 more days of travel. Should consider this day as a rest day as there is a change in altitude for most travelers.
DAY 4: KALPA TO DHANKAR. VIA NAKO ,TABO. NIGHT STAY AT DHANKAR – 8 HRS
Today we will be traveling to Dhankar village from Kalpa and is our longest day of travel on the entire trip. Traveling distance is about 220 kms but considering the road conditions it will easily take us 8-9 hrs to reach, including multiple stops and sightseeing at Nako and Tabo
Dhankar, the former capital of the Spiti Valley, offers panoramic views of the valley. It stands perched above the confluence of the Spiti and Pin river. En route we will be covering Nako and Tabo. Nako is a small village near the border of India and Tibet. The place is famous for its lake and 1000 years old Monastery.
Dinner and Night stay at Dhankar
* For people who like to explore even more, can hike to Dhankar Lake early next morning.
DAY 5: DHANKAR TO KAZA, VIA MUDH PIN VALLEY. NIGHT STAY AT KAZA – 6 HRS
Today, we will be traveling from Dhankar village to Kaza. We will be covering Mud, Pin Valley while going from Dhankar to Kaza.
Leave Dhankar after Breakfast visiting the old and New Monastries. Mud, one of the villages in Pin Valley of Spiti is about 50 km from Dhankar. Enjoy the changing landscapes and the cool breeze. After reaching Mud, spend some time exploring the place and interacting with the local people. Lunch at Mud ( personal expense)
Start your journey to Kaza which will take 2 -3 hrs and traveling distance of about 50 km. Evening at Leisure and can be spent exploring cafes in the Kaza market.
Dinner and overnight stay at Kaza
DAY 6: KAZA TO KEE, KIBBER, LANGZA, HIKKIM , KOMIK . NIGHT STAY AT KAZA – 5 HRS
Today we cover the remaining major locations in Spiti Valley.
Start our day after breakfast and towards Komik which is 25 kms from Kaza. Our first stop will be at Langza, famous for the big Buddha Statue, which is en route Komik and 18 km from Kaza. Spend some time at Komik, the highest inhabited village in the world. Get clicking with the locals and spend some time at the monastery. Later start your journey to Hikkim, the hight post office in the world, which is about 5 km from Komik. Send postcards to your near and dear ones.
Visit the beautiful Key Monastery, which at one time acted as a fort. Explore the amazing culture of the people living there. Move further to Kibber which is at a height of 4200 mts and is the highest inhabited village in the region.
Return to Kaza by evening. Evening at leisure for cafe hopping and local market.
Dinner and Night stay at Kaza
DAY 7: KAZA TO CHANDRATAAL VIA KUNZUM PASS. NIGHT STAY AT CHANDRATAAL. – 6 HRS
We check out from the property after breakfast and start our journey to Chandrataal.
Head towards one of the most scenic lakes in India, i.e., Chandra tal also called as Moon Lake via Kunzum Pass and Losar. The lake is beautiful, surrounded by mountains and is situated at an altitude of 4300 meters. Enjoy the views, get yourself clicked with the lake and spend some leisure time.
Dinner and overnight stay in camps at Chandra Taal.
DAY 8: CHANDRATAAL TO MANALI. NIGHT STAY AT MANALI – 7 HRS
Today is the second last day of our trip and our last day in Spiti Valley. We start from Chandrataal lake after breakfast. We will be crossing the Bada Darra and Chota Darra before reaching Rohtang Pass. Spend some time at the pass. ( We will be leaving from the campsite by 5 am, as with time the water level in both the Darras increase. So it is safe to start early and probably spend some time after crossing them).
Reach Manali by evening. Evening at Leisure for cafe hopping and explore the local market. ( No fixed plan for the evening, the guests are free to explore the markets or cafes as per their wish)
Dinner and Night stay in Manali
DAY 9: MANALI LOCAL SIGHTSEEING. LEAVE MANALI BY EVENING FOR DELHI
After breakfast, you can leave for Manali local sightseeing. Solang Valley and Vashist caves can be explored ( personal expense). Have lunch in Manali.
Leave Manali by late afternoon for Delhi.
Overnight travel to Delhi
DAY 10: REACH DELHI
Reach Delhi by 11 in the morning.
End of Tour.
- Accommodation in double sharing rooms at all destinations as per the itinerary. * We have homestays in most of the locations, in Dhankar there will be triple sharing
- Breakfast and dinner at all hotels, homestays, and camps, starting from Day 1 Dinner till Breakfast on Day 8
- Comfortable non-AC Tempo Traveller / Xylo / Innova for all days as per the itinerary
- Tour Lead
- Reliable, experienced and adept local driver with great knowledge of the area and the terrain.
- Driver charges, driver accommodation, fuel, and inter-state toll.
- Local sightseeing as per the Itinerary
- Camping fees, comfortable tents and sleeping bags at Chandrataal Lake
- Any Personal Expenses / Tips / Beverages / Meals from Delhi to Shimla and meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide / Porters
- Sightseeing in Manali / Any permits, activities, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God.
- Monastery / Museum Fees
- Anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
- No refund of booking amount to be provided if customer cancels the booking 7 days prior to departure date.
- 50% refund if done between 8-15 days prior to schedule departure.
- 90% refund if done between 16-30 days prior to schedule departure.
- 100% refund if cancelled 30+ days prior to schedule departure date.